Commencing in 2014, The Deming Institute has recorded podcasts on a monthly basis, featuring 20 to 30-minute interviews by Tripp Babbitt
with members of the Deming Community who are advancing the use and explanations of Dr. Deming's ideas.
In our December podcast, his 1st session with Tripp, Balaji Reddie, from Pune, India, shares milestones on his personal Deming Journey, commencing shortly after Dr. Deming's passing in 1993.
- Transitioning from a career in manufacturing to textiles to software development to quality management
- 10 years as an Adjunct Professor in management colleges, with a focus on production, operations, and supply chain management
- Attending Xerox's Leadership for Quality program
- Realization that quality is not ISO9000
- First reading of Out of the Crisis, finding Deming management is more than statistics
- Discovering the divisiveness of performance appraisals
- First "Deming Birthday" lecture
- Turning point, reading The Deming Dimension, by mentor, Henry Neave
- Founding the Deming Forum India in January 1999
- Deming Day in India, October 14th
- Deming Prize recipients in India