Sep 28, 2018
In our 18th "Deming Lens"
episode, host Tripp
Babbitt shares his interpretation of wide-ranging aspects
and implications of Dr. Deming's theory of management.
Topics in this episode
- The 3rd of Dr. Deming’s 14
Points – “Cease dependence on inspection"
- Inspection to improve quality is
- More inspection does not improve
- While scrap is not delivered, it
is already paid for
- The benefits of statistical
process control to improve quality
- Who is responsible for
- Outsourcing quality
- Accountability is what’s left
after you take responsibility away
Dr. Deming's 14 Points are fully
covered in Out of the
Crisis. The New
Economics presented his later thinking about the 14