Dec 3, 2018
In our 20th "Deming Lens"
episode, host Tripp
Babbitt shares his interpretation of wide-ranging aspects
and implications of Dr. Deming's theory of management.
Topics in this episode
- The 5th of Dr. Deming’s 14
Points – "Improve constantly and forever the system of
production and service"
- Start with design and an
understanding of a customer’s needs
- Anticipate the needs of the
- The economics of continual
- Special cause and common cause
- Dr. Deming, “Mere allocation of
huge sums of money for quality will not bring quality”
- Profit motives can lead to
- Done well, higher quality can
Dr. Deming's 14 Points are fully
covered in Out of the
Crisis. The New
Economics presented his later thinking about the 14